1.5kg beef bones
2 medium brown onions, both
cut into wedges
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 tsp whole black peppercorns
3.5L of water
2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
10 sprigs fresh thyme (single sprigs)
2 fresh bay leaves
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep: 2 mins
Cook: 28 mins
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and roast beef bones, turning occasionally until brown for 25-30 minutes.
2. Add carrots, celery and roast together with beef bones for an extra 25 minutes. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to the side.
3. Meanwhile, tie together parsley, thyme and bay leaves with kitchen string to make a bouquet garni.
4. Add 3.5L of water to COOK VISION, add the peppercorns, beef, celery, carrots and bouquet grani.
5. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1.5 hours or 2 hours.
6. Place a large piece of muslin cloth in a strainer or fine colander. Strain stock. Discard solids.
7. Cool for 1 hour.
8. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze.
Recipe by CHEF CARLOS PANCORBO
*timing may vary according to ingredients properties and stove top. Tramontina recommends you to learn how your new cookware in conjunction with your stove top works before following exact timing & instructions.