3 tsp peanut oil
800g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
400ml can coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, chopped
1 cup jasmine rice
200g snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup coriander leaves, to serve
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep: 5 mins
1. Heat 1tsp of olive oil in the COOK VISION over high heat.
2. Stir-fry each batch of chicken for 2 minutes or until brown. Reserve.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add the curry paste to the COOK VISION, and stir-fry for 1 min.
4. Stir in the coconut milk, stock and chopped pumpkin.
5. Return the chicken to the COOK VISION. Close lid and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water.
7. Add the snow peas to the curry and cook for 2 minutes, or until just tender.
8. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
9. Strain rice and get ready to plate.
10. Serve curry on a bed of jasmine rice and top with chopped fresh coriander. For a spicier look, also top with chopped fresh chilli.
Recipe by CHEF CARLOS PANCORBO
*timing may vary according to ingredients properties and stove top. Tramontina recommends you to learn how your new cookware in conjunction with your stove top works before following exact timing & instructions.